Build Update v0.16
Hi to all who have played Alteran Frost,
Thank you for your support, feedback, and reviews. We recently revisited Alteran Frost, providing it a few (much needed) updates and fixes. We may, unfortunately, not be providing much more following this for Alteran Frost, however, we do have a new game in the pipeline which very much takes some of the best elements of Alteran Frost. We will keep you all updated. For now, enjoy Alteran Frost!
- Some keyboard bindings not listed within instructions, have not been added.
- Fade texture at the start of the game was misaligned.
- Added dissolve texture to start sequence, to make the introduction a bit nicer.
- Flashlight issue (not working after respawn) fixed.
- Cleanup to how the journal works (much faster).
- Some text in notifications and dialogue was being cut, so have fixed this (will adjust as necessary).
- Fix to fire placement issue within tutorial (didn't always trigger next dialogue point).
- Made rescue a little easier, as chance of rescue did not update a whole lot, after many days (expectation that players would player for a long time ;) )
- Player temp now starting at 37 (was 36 for an unknown reason).
Updates and Changes:
- Updated Alteran Frost to use Unity Engine version 2017.3
- Use of a temperature graph, to better control temperature falloff.
- Update to Interaction mechanics, so to be smoother.
- Added objective section to the inventory, so what the user is currently meant to do is displayed.
- Notifications also provide next objective.
- Reason for death added to death screen.
- Game now pauses when options ('esc') menu is open (stylistic change).
- More, and clearer, notifications and dialogue from the user, to help explain what to do next.
- New prompts for looking at the map.
- Temp calculation more forgiving.
- Whole numbers used with player stats (except for body temp).
- Temp effect of the fire has been fixed, with it providing a very small amount of change, over a large area.
- Hunger and Hydration now more forgiving.
- Retexture to rocks, trees, and dead trees.
- Amalgamation of more of the games assets, into a single material.
Get Alteran Frost
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.